Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Pecan Bars

I adapted this recipe from one I found online.  However, I cannot seem to find that recipe now, so I'll be sure to post a link after I find it.  I wanted to make this recipe a) because I was craving something sweet, and b) I wanted to use the pre-made pie dough I had in the freezer.  This recipe was so easy, and the pre-made pie crust made it even easier! These bars taste like pecan pie, with the added bonus of raisins and chocolate... MMMmmmmmm.  I would definitely recommend this to anyone in a pinch and needing something quick to make.

INGREDIENTS:

1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
2 Tbs. Flour
1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Raisins
1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips

1.  Mix together the brown sugar, baking powder, flour, vanilla and eggs until well combined.  This should take only a minute or two.  You can use your mixer, but why make more work for yourself.  I just used a spoon and some elbow grease.  Then mix in the pecans and raisins. 

2. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.  Un-roll the pie crust, and place in the bottom of a 9x9 pan.  Cut off any excess pie crust so that it is in a nice neat sheet on the bottom of the pan.  Bake the pie crust for 10-12 minutes or until it begins turning golden brown.

3. Once the pie crust is ready, pour the mixture over top and turn down the oven to 325 degrees.  Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and bake for 18-22 minutes.

4.  Let cool completely before cutting.  (THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
QUESTION #1 

Don't forget about the fun new 30 questions game I'm adding to the blog.  Please feel free to comment on what your answer would be or if you think mine is ridiculous/crazy/hilarious/sad/great/etc.  I want to hear from you too! 

Q1:  List 20 random facts about you.

Here goes nothing.... 

1.  I have a genetically crooked toe ... it is very crooked. 
2.  I love watching Judge Judy even though I'm embarrassed about it.
3.  I had my tongue pierced when I was 18... sorry mom. 
4.  I treat my cat better than most children 
5.  I love to read 
6.  My fiance is my high school sweetheart 
7.  I have a great aunt who is 94!!!!!!! 
8.  I hate anything with tentacles... blah 
9.  I play pool with my left hand
10.  Salad is my favorite food 
11.  I learned how to drive a manual this summer
12.  I hate drinking water 
13.  I had my first coffee last year 
14.  I hate scary movies... I slept with my mom after seeing The Ring.  I was 20. 
15.  I inherited my mothers "green thumb" 
16.  I could have gotten a Religion Minor in undergrad, but I never claimed it.  
17.  "Quiet Talkers" drive me crazy! 
18.  I've never had a speeding ticket
19.  I don't like Reeses
20.  I am horrible at spelling, and never was never directly taught phonics in school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment