Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Last night I was craving something chocolaty, and of course we had nothing in the house.  What's wonderful about these cookies is that they take no more than 20 minutes, and you most likely have everything you need already.  These are nothing new, I'm sure most of you have already had one of these, made one, or at least heard of them.  I'm not inventing anything new here, just wanted to make something easy and delicious.

This was my first time making these cookies, even though I'm pretty sure they were a staple at all my elementary birthday parties.  I stuck with the standard flavors, but you could most definitely adapt this recipe and get creative with it.

INGREDIENTS: 
1 Stick Butter
2 Cups Sugar
4 Tbs. Cocoa Powder
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
2 Tsp. Vanilla
3-3 1/2 Cups Oats

1.  Melt the butter in a medium sized pot.  Add in the milk, sugar, and cocoa powder and bring to a rolling boil for 1-2 minutes.

2.  Turn the heat off and add the peanut butter.  Stir until melted, and then add in the vanilla and oatmeal.  Stir until well coated and spoon heaping spoonfuls onto parchment paper or aluminum foil until cooled completely.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

QUESTION #2

Q: List three legitimate fears you have and how they became a fear. 

1.  Tornadoes - With spring on its way, this seemed perfect.  I'm not sure if it's a "fear," but the idea that I live in the top floor of an apartment with no place to hide, is.  I'm not even sure that I'm afraid for myself, but more so my cat.  I already have my plan all set to go.  Grab pillow case.  Grab cat.  Put cat in pillowcase.  Hide under staircase.  Cry. 

2.  Airplanes - I probably need to just fly more to know that airplanes are pretty safe, but right now, I'm not a fan.  I'm not sure about the rest of you, but the thought of a very heavy airplane floating thousands of miles above the Earth, scares the S&%# out of me.  When I was younger, flying on airplanes was fun.  That was because I had no concept of life and death.  Now, I understand how much I could lose if something went wrong.  

3.  Spiders - This is not exciting, and I know everyone in the world is afraid of spiders.  I think those devilish little bugs are horrifying.  They sneak up on you when you least expect it, or fall from the ceiling like acrobats performing a show.  I dislike the fact that some of them have fur, and that some are the size of my hand.  The thought of spiders makes my skin crawl and I could do without any of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment