Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Little Things: Fat Cat

This week has been crazy busy.  We have a short week coming up this Monday, which always causes me to have to be in over drive.  I'm soaking up each and every moment of quiet and calm, and I've started painting again after finally unpacking everything to help calm my nerves and keep my sanity.  



  • My painting room - I realized this week that I can turn the TV in the basement so that I can see it while I'm painting in the laundry room.  It makes it so much more fun than being down there in the quiet. 
  • Homemade Apple Raspberry Crumble - Last weekend I made some crumble for dessert.  Blake and I had his brother and sister in law over for dinner and it was the perfect end to a meal.  To top it off, I made homemade whip cream, which makes ever dessert just a little bit better.  
  • Our own mailbox - This probably seems silly, but I was telling Blake tonight that since the 3rd grade, when my family moved to the house that my parents live in now, I haven't had a mailbox that was in our front yard.  Our neighborhood had a subdivision mailbox spot, where every one's mailboxes were all in the same area.  Then, once I moved to college and then eventually in with Blake, I always lived in an apartment. This is the first time since I was 9, that I could just walk out to the end of my driveway to get my mail.  It's wonderful, and truly a "little thing." 
  • Gus Gus - Tonight I have found that Fox Family has on every wonderful Disney movie one could imagine.  First I came across Aladdin, then Cinderella, and now I am watching Alice and Wonderland.  Ahhhh, it's the life.  
  • The Fat Cat Kitchen -  I decided to change up the Blog name.  Although I liked "Sugar and Spice," I kind of picked it because I didn't know what else to use.  It wasn't personal.  If you know me at all, you know I am obsessed (understatement) with my fat cat, Izzy/Monkey/Bean/Tuna/Sangwich... the nicknames could go on, and yes its spelled sanGwich.   I struggled between "The Fat Cat Kitchen" and "Love, Life, & BACON," but ultimately,   I think that the Fat Cat truly is more appropriate.
   Don't forget to check out Hello Hue's website so you can link up for the Little Things Linkup too!!!

1 comment:

  1. i hear ya on not having a community mailbox. something rare here too.



    over from the little things link up

    ReplyDelete