Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

It's the Little Things: We've Moved!


It's official, Blake and I are finally home owners! We have already had a few "live and learn" experiences, but all in all it's been a whirlwind of fun and excitement.  Since moving out this way, we have heard nothing but good things.  Apparently we have moved into the "party" neighborhood, which is getting us even more excited about the summer.  The home projects have already been underway and we managed to complete one room already!



We decided to turn one of the smaller downstairs bedrooms into a den.  Blake picked a greyish blue color and it looks amazing with the light wood desk and the Ikea painting we have.  Originally we planned on having the man chair in the basement, but since our house was built in the 1950's it has extremely narrow doorways.  For this reason, the man chair is currently in the den where it will stay until we can figure out how to take it apart.

 
After living in an apartment for the past three years, I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love having my own front door.  Not only is today a perfect day in Michigan to leave it open and let the sunlight in, but I don't have to open two different doors every time I need to carry in my groceries. 

Izzy is loving the new home.  We were worried about how she would transition from living in a one bedroom apartment to a tri-level home.  Surprisingly she had no troubles at all, and I think she really likes it.  She hasn't seen stairs since before I went to college, and she has been having a great time running up and down them.  This is a good thing, considering she is roughly 7-8 lbs. overweight.  

**** I am looking forward to getting back in the groove with cooking and can't wait for the next recipe update!****

Make sure to check out Hello Hue's Blog so you can link up too!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new house! I’m loving that wall color!

    Thanks so much for stopping by “this little light” today ... I got the Nellie’s laundry detergent from Crate & Barrel and I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I was worried you would say you got it from a little store that most likely would never be in Michigan! Crate & Barrel I can do though! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. may you steward this house well. so much fun settling in and not sharing a wall with another tenant!



    over from the little things link up

    ReplyDelete