Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Raspberry Cheescake Bars

Blake and I had the opportunity to go to Mardi Gras this year! We had a great time, and it was quite an experience.  We headed down to Louisiana last week with my parents for my sister's wedding.  Not only did we get to create some awesome memories, but I also got another brother!

Mardi Gras was an amazing place, and it was at times quite an eye full.  The only thing I was ready to leave was the food.  There is only so many spices and fried foods that my tummy can handle before I no longer want to eat anymore.  The second Blake and I arrived back in Michigan we said we needed to experience something other than fried chicken or pralines.  Because of that I decided to make some super delicious Raspberry Cheesecake Bars.  I got the idea from a pin I saw on Pinterest and adapted it from that.

These are a fun play on the classic cheesecake.  I think one of the best things about living with someone, being engaged, or dating someone is finding out all their favorite things.  It didn't take long to figure out Blake LOVES cheesecake.  Usually, he sticks with plain New York Cheesecake with chocolate chips.  I'm hoping I can change his ways after he tries this.

I'm not a fan of chocolate chips (please stopscreaming), so  instead I wanted to add a fruit. What's better than raspberries!? I've got a step by step process with pictures below!
____________________________________________________

INGREDIENTS:
2 Packages Cream Cheese - Softened
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 Cups Frozen Raspberries
1 Tbs. Sugar - for raspberries
2 Frozen Pie Crusts
1 Tbs. Cinnamon
2 1/2 Tbs. Sugar - for cinnamon sugar topping
1/4 tsp.  Vanilla 


 Begin, by preheating the oven to 400 degrees.  Cut the first pie crust to fit into a 9X9 pan.  I put the pan on the pie crust and squished it down a bit so I could see where I needed to cut it.  I didn't do this, but I would recommend cooking it for about 10 minutes in the oven before moving onto the next step.  If you do this, wait until it cools before moving on.  This will help to make the bottom pie crust a bit more crispy.


Mix the cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and vanilla until well blended and smooth.  Spread the mixture evenly over the first pie crust.

In a medium sized pot add raspberries and 1 Tbs. sugar.  Let the Raspberries cook over medium- medium high heat until reduced by 50%. You want most of the liquid to cook off or it will make your bars too soggy.  After the raspberries are done, spread a thin layer over the cream cheese mixture.


Finally, layer the other pie crust over the raspberry mixture.  Pour 3/4 cup butter over the pie crust and cover with cinnamon sugar mixture.  Bake for 40 minutes or until top and bottom crust is golden brown.  (If you bake the bottom crust for 10 minutes, you will only have to bake the bars for 30 minutes) 


Check out this finished project! I don't want to brag or anything, but these things are amazing.  I will definitely be making these again and I'm looking forward to experimenting with different flavors for the next time! As always, let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. please feel free to make that for me anytime!!

    -Nikki :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude, they're delicious. I normally make something and then think.. "I should of done this." In this case, they were perfect.

    ReplyDelete