Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

S'more Brownie Sandwich


Instead of the same old boring pan of brownies, why not switch it up and enjoy a S'more cookie?  My mom bought a couple S'more kit boxes from Costco at the end of summer when they were on clearance this year, and Blake and I still haven't finished it.  Instead of letting it go to waste, I wanted to make a dessert with it.  Last week, I attempted to make a S'more brownie cupcake, however I wasn't satisfied with how they turned out.  My marshmallow pretty much disintegrated and you could hardly tell what kind of brownie it was supposed to be.  To me, the marshmallow is the best part.  I wanted it to be the star of the show, or at least equal to the brownie.  This recipe uses a boxed brownie mix with a few adjustments, and instead of having to wait 40 minutes for your brownies to finish in the oven, these take a mere 10-15 minutes! 


Did I mention my mom bought a few S'more kits???? Luckily she didn't go overboard.

INGREDIENTS:
1 Box of Brownie Mix
1/3 Cup Oil 
2 Tbs. Water
1 Egg
Large Marshmallows
Graham Crackers

1.  Begin by pre-heating the oven to 350 degrees.  Line two cookie sheets with tin foil and spray with non-stick spray.

2.  Do not follow the directions on the back of the Brownie Mix box.  Instead, in a large bowl combine the brownie mix with the oil, water, and 1 egg.  The mixture will be much thicker than normal brownie mix.  You want it to be that way, otherwise the cookies will be too thin and spread out too much when you bake them.

 3.  Roll mixture into 1" balls and place six on each cookie sheet.  Bake the Brownies for 10-15 minutes or until the tops no longer look wet.  Take the brownies out of the oven and let them cool on a metal rack.  Put half the cookies back on the cookie sheet and top with one marshmallow.

4.  Turn your oven on Broil and put the cookies back into the oven for 1-2 minutes.  I let mine stay in until they turned golden brown on top.  You want to get that known fire roasted look that everyone loves on the marshmallow. (I am not kidding when I say 1-2 minutes, you will be amazed at how quickly things can burn when you use the broiler!)

5.  Take cookies out and with half a graham cracker, squish the marshmallow down.  Cut another marshmallow in half, and put half the marshmallow on top of each graham cracker.  Put under the broiler again until they turn golden brown.

6.  Top with the other cookie, and squish down to create a sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment