Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sauerkraut and Apple Topped Pork - Crock pot

It may not look that pretty, but it is beyond delicious.  It is extremely rare for me to clean my plate, and tonight it only took me about 10 minutes.  This recipe is compliments of my future mother in law, and it was wonderful.  She isn't on Facebook and therefore has no idea about this blog, but she would be happy to know it turned out perfectly! Blake is the Crock Pot King in our household and I was very happy with how great this turned out.  This is my first Crock pot recipe, but definitely not my last.  I am currently envisioning myself as a young busy mother, plugging my Crock pot in and returning home after work to a wonderfully home cooked meal.  Whoever invented this magical machine most definitely has my blessing because it is a gift from the gods.  Not to mention, this recipe is perfect for fall with all those apples! The only thing this meal needed was a nice serving of corn or roasted sweet potatoes on the side.  Everyone should try this one, it is a winner.  

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 Pork Loin cut into 4-5 servings 
1 Large Jar Sauerkraut - split into 2 equal parts
3-4 Medium sized Apples - peeled and sliced
1 Cup packed brown sugar
8 Cloves Garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste

1.  Begin by slicing your pork loin into 4 or 5 even servings.  Cut slits into the individual chops and insert cloves of garlic.
2.  You are going to layer each item in the Crock pot.  Begin with half the jar of sauerkraut, and spread it evenly on the bottom of the Crock pot.  Then put a layer of sliced apples; followed by half of the brown sugar.  Make sure to spread the brown sugar evenly, and then top with all of the pork slices.
3.  To finish, you will then put another layer of apples then sauerkraut, and the rest of the brown sugar.
4.  Set your Crock pot to the 4 hour setting, wait, and then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment