Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Preparing For Spring


I know it seems crazy to plan for spring when it's still summer, but you really have to if you're interested in having spring time blooms. Blake and I moved into our new house only a month ago, and the yard was the furthest thing from my mind. Now that we've settled, I've been more eager to tackle the garden... or lack there of.

I'm pretty sure pulling out someone else's crappy garden is the worst thing about moving. We had to do it in our first house too. This time around, there are a lot of bushes that need to be ripped out, which is absolutely exhausting. We drew up a plan (seen above) for our front and side yards. Most of this is attainable, but the pond and walk way will most likely take far more time next summer than we think.  Unfortunately, it's very easy to dream up a plan, but not so easy to actually get it done. Fingers crossed!




Progress is slow with this project, but you can already begin to see the potential after one row of bushes has been pulled. The excitement is the only thing that pushes me to keep going when you're doing yard work in 90+ degree weather. (Come on fall!)


This little lady stopped by this morning in our neighbors yard. They have no fear here, and I've actually seen them look both ways before crossing the road. Mt. Lebanon has a HUGE deer problem, and they have actually approved bow hunting licenses for within city limits. Driving around at dusk is actually kind of scary with how many deer there are. Blake says I'll eventually get less excited about seeing them because they are everywhere, but for now I love seeing them and saying hello.... until they eat my flowers of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment