Pages

Friday, November 21, 2014

Puppy Approved: Camp Bow Wow


I've been waiting to take Emmy to Doggy Day Care since we got her. I love the idea of her socializing with other puppies and wearing her self out a bit. I always feel bad during the week when Blake and I have to leave her alone for hours at a time.  Finally, she has met all of the criteria to start going (shots and being fixed), and I'm so excited for her! We are lucky because we have a Camp Bow Wow right down the street from our house, and off she went this Wednesday for her first day of camp!

If you can't tell, she was immediately uninterested in me the second I pulled up. I couldn't even get her to turn around for a picture! I would be lying if I said that I didn't watch her for every second on their "nanny cams." It give me comfort knowing that I can see her and make sure she is okay at any point in the day. Why don't day cares have these? Do they? If not, they should!

For the most part, while I watched until my eyes could no longer blink, I noticed she was far more interested in the helpers than the other pups. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing though, she loves everyone she meets and although she has a devastatingly loud bark on her, she is such a baby.

It took everything in me to not pick her up immediately after I hone from work. They encouraged me to leave her there all day to see how she would handle everything. It was technically her interview day, and they had to make sure she had the right disposition for their camp. Just another great thing they do that gave me even more confidence in leaving her there.

When I finally picked her up at 6:30 in the blistering snow, she was so happy! Camp Bow Wow provided me with a "report card" and let me know she passed her interview! She is now welcome in any Camp Bow Wow in the country!!!!  As I write this, she is on her second day of camp. Although we don't have extensive experience with them, at this point I would definitely recommend this place to all my friends with fur babies out there! And, if you go... maybe say you heard of them because of me and then Emmy can earn herself a free day of camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment