Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Avocado Pita Sandwich

As most of you know, I LOVE avocados.  Not only are they delicious, but they are ridiculously good for you too! I suppose the bacon in this recipe could "cancel" out the goodness of the avocado, but I needed protein and it's all I had in the fridge.

This is super easy to throw together, especially if you have your bacon cooked ahead of time.  Also, it's something you could adapt to your own tastes.  For example, instead of bacon, how about chicken or turkey? Instead of feta, how about Parmesan or shredded Mozzarella?

To make this I mashed up half an avocado with salt and pepper, spread it on a warm pita and sprinkled a few red pepper flakes on top for some heat.  Then I layered some thinly sliced onion, feta and crumbled bacon on top.  It was so good and a wonderful afternoon pick me up! Plus, I felt BETTER after eating it instead of worse!

Sometimes the most simplest of meals are the best! ENJOY!!!!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Question13 - Name 5 strengths you have

1.  My ability to make others laugh - I get more joy out of making someone laugh than I do anything else.  There are times that I fall flat, but overall I feel I do a good job.  I've been blessed with my mothers quick wit, and there are times where I astound myself when I think of a good comment/joke. 

2.  My ability to sleep - you would be astounded at how easily I can sleep.  I can nap pretty much anywhere, and I can count on my one hand how many times I've had trouble falling asleep.  I fear this will be a negative thing in the future once Blake and I decide to have children, because the other side of this is that I am a CRAZY person when I don't get enough. 

3.  Athletics - Aside from tennis and basketball, I can honestly say I'm pretty good at most sports.  For only playing a full golf game 3-4 times, I think even Blake is surprised at how well I can do.  Don't get me wrong though, I've got  A LOT of work to do. 

4.  Being emotionally supportive - I like to pride myself as being a friend who can not only give advice but also be supportive and understanding.  I have the ability to look at a situation from multiple points of view and I think it's helpful when giving advice.  At least that's what I hope. 

5. My ability to deal with stress - Somehow I made it through Graduate school working full time, planning a wedding, and working multiple jobs.  You'd think I'd have a mental break down, which may have happened once or twice, but overall I stayed pretty calm.  I tend to work out, nap, cook, or read a good book to calm down.  I know this will be helpful in my future, cause I'm sure I will have many more stressful moments to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment