Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Breakfast of Hippies

I tend to live life by the motto, "everything tastes better with avocado and bacon."  Most of you already know this, but I don't know if you truly understand the extent to which I love these two items.  Blake and I most likely keep the grocery store alive and well just from the sheer amount of money we spend on bacon and avocados.  I see nothing wrong with this... it could be something much much worse.

My best friends family, and basically my second family like to go to a restaurant when she comes home, where they have a fantastic California Eggs Benedict.  This is where I got the idea from.  I like to think of it as the "breakfast of hippies" instead of the breakfast of champions.

I found a really easy and quick recipe for a Hollandaise sauce that can be made in a blender at Simply Recipes, so go ahead and click the link and it will take you right to the webpage you need.



INGREDIENTS:
Toast/bread
Eggs
Avocado
Green Onions
Paprika

1.  There really isn't a recipe here, but I would recommend cooking your bacon first, and making the Hollandaise Sauce.  Once the bacon is done, begin toasting your bread of choice.

2.  Place the toast, then bacon, then avocado.  After prepping that, poach your eggs (have the water boiling and ready to go). 

3.  Top your toast with an egg and top with Hollandaise and a sprinkle of Paprika, then ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment