Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sriracha Dressing


I don't know about you, but Sriracha is a staple in our household.  Blake literally will put it on anything and everything.  I have grown to love it on pizza and eggs, and it's obviously amazing with tacos.  Since I was crazy and planted three tomato plants, and we clearly could not eat them fast enough, I decided to make a simple tomato and parsley salad for dinner.  To spice it up, I sprinkled goat cheese on top.  The real kicker, however; was the Sriracha salad dressing.  It gave the salad a kick without taking away from the freshness of the herbs and tomatoes. 


INGREDIENTS:
1 Tbs. Dijon Mustard
1 1/2 Tbs. Honey
1/4 Cup Vinegar (I used apple cider)
1 tsp. dried onion flakes (optional)
1-2 cloves garlic minced
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper  
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 Tbs. Sriracha

1.  In a bowl or glass measuring cup, mix together the mustard, honey, vinegar, onion flakes, garlic, salt and pepper with a fork or whisk.

2.  while whisking, slowly drizzle the olive oil in to the vinegar mixture.  At this point, squeeze about 1/2 tbs. of Sriracha into the dressing.  I recommend starting small, tasting, and adding more as needed.  You want the dressing to have the flavor of Sriracha without the intense heat.  Remember, you can always add more!

1 comment:

  1. I make this salad dressing on a regular basis, it's amazing, thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete