Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Bell Pepper Salad

I have been extremely obsessed with avocados recently.  I absolutely love them, and since they're in season right now I've been using them as much as possible.  Plus, they make your hair and skin glow, so that's an added bonus.

I like to believe that if I make food that is fitting for summer, it will come faster.  I don't think it's actually working, but it's worth a try.  Sometimes when you think about salad, you assume it has to have lettuce.  I love making salads with a bunch of chopped up veggies, and I truly believe every meal should be served with a salad.  It's a great way to get your serving of vegetables.

For this salad, I used some left over roasted garlic in the salad dressing and tons of honey to play on the bell peppers sweetness.  The dressing was so delicious I could have drank it with a straw.  I also added some Feta Cheese in, because everything is better with cheese.





 INGREDIENTS:
1 Red Bell Pepper - diced
1 Yellow Bell Pepper - diced
1/4 Sweet Onion - diced
1 Avocado - diced
2 Tbs. Feta Cheese Crumbles

Dressing:
1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
4-5 Roasted Garlic Cloves - mashed/minced
2-3 Tbs. Honey
1/2 Tsp.  Sugar
1-2 drops of Dijon Mustard - just enough to help the dressing emulsify 
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste


1.  Dice all of the veggies except for the avocado and add them to a medium sized bowl.  You will add the avocado right before serving so the avocado stay nice and green and don't turn brown.

2. For the dressing, add the honey, garlic, mustard, sugar salt and pepper, and vinegar to a small bowl.  Whisk these items together.  While whisking begin adding the olive oil slowly until it is well mixed. 

3.  Pour enough over the veggies to coat each piece nicely.  Mix and put in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. Right before serving, add the avocado and Feta cheese.  Mix the salad again, and add dressing as necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment